Monday, September 26, 2011

Ask the Expert: DIY Floor Refinishing Techniques

113418882_9a771ad014

Question:

I just tore up the carpet in my living room and found that I have hardwood floor underneath of it.  I plan to fix it up myself. I want to stain the wood and also put a polyurethane coat on it. I see that there are some stains that come with the polyurethane mixed with it already.  Is it alright to buy the “2 in 1” products or do I need to buy them both separate?

 

Answer:

If you've found a stain product with polyurethane in it, that is just fine to purchase. You’ll also save yourself an extra step in the refinishing process.  You may want to consider the Dura Seal products as they have a line of products available for staining, sealing and patching. 

[image by DerrickT]

No comments:

Post a Comment