Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Ask the Expert: What About Professional Carpet Cleaners?

Flooring_expert_image

Question:  

What kind of carpet cleaning should I choose? My carpets are very dirty and have lots of stains on them. I haven’t hired a professional cleaning company before, so I’m not sure which type of cleaning I need. I’d like a product which will clean thoroughly, dry quickly, and does not involve moving all my furniture out. I asked several carpet cleaning companies, but their suggestions were all different.  Can you help me sort this out?

 

Answer:

I would suggest looking at the original carpet maintenance manual which should have been provided when you purchased the carpet.   This manual will have a wealth of information in it, relating to cleaning techniques and product recommendations.  If the manual isn't available to you, the next step would be to call the technical department of the carpet manufacturer.  They will be able to help you determine which cleaning is best for you.  

 

Finally, if you bought the house with the carpet already in it you may not know the manufacturer.  In that case I would say that in general, hot water extraction is very effective.  I would suggest also pretreating stains with a spot remover, such as Folex.   Should you decide not to remove the furniture, please take care to cover your furniture to protect it from water.

No comments:

Post a Comment