Friday, September 16, 2011

Help! I Have a Spill on my Brand New Carpet! What to Do? #ask #expert

5300882185_9dd65ca009

Question:  

Help!  I spilled food on my brand new carpet.   I cleaned it with my regular carpet spray and got the stain out, but now it's flat in that spot.  The texture of the cleaned area is sort of brushed and fluffy and it doesn’t have the body or stiffness of the rest of the carpet.  It’s very noticeable.   How can I make that spot look like the rest of the carpet?

Answer:

Don’t worry!  This is an easier solution than you would think.  You can simply and easily spray Scotch Guard (TM) to the affected area to restore body and stiffness. Use your fingers to shape the carpet back to it’s original form.   

I also recommend calling the technical department of the manufacturer of your new carpet as they may have recommended products that you can purchase for spot cleaning that can help you avoid this problem in the future.  

Bonus: this trick also works for carpet that has been pressed down due to heavy furniture sitting on it.  Good luck!

[image by anokarina]

No comments:

Post a Comment